League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

look off defense and arm strength

By frank - League Admin
4/30/2024 6:16 pm
just curious

how much stock yall put into QB attributes like look off defense, arm strength, passing release & hard count?

ived only put stock in pass accuracy for a long time now......i only target QBs with 100 and it has seemed to work for my teams in all roster only leagues. when other attributes are up it is just a bonus to me only thing that really matters is that hundo or possibilty of getting a hundo

ive seen several QBs with phenomenal attributes and high draft value do nothing their entire career. ive been finding my guys in free agency, waiver wire or with late draft picks and Lions regularly have been in top 10 (often in top 5) in passing rating

what does look off defense do? i imagine arm strength relates to speed of ball getting to target and gives less reaction time to defense. cant imagine hard count means much...its not like we have control on when to use hard counts or depend on it to win games. passing release? i have no idea what that means

tell me your secrets

Re: look off defense and arm strength

By Pernbronze
5/01/2024 1:45 am
My top 2 attributes are intelligence and passing accuracy. One decides when and where to throw and the other gets it there.

The other 2 blue bars help but they aren't absolutely required unless you have them under 50 or something then things can start getting weird.

Passing strength is important because it gets the ball there quick which reduces picks and pass knockdowns. Under 50 even smart and accurate QBs start throwing picks a lot because the D is as fast as the ball(small exaggeration).

Pass release to me is very important in this sack happy era. Pass release dictates how quick the receiver throws the ball when he decides to do so. This means less time for him to be sacked. It also means open receivers get the ball sooner.

Scramble is useful to prevent sacks too. It's basically your pocket awareness.

Hard count is a luxury. It's useful but not reliable enough to count on in a game plan. You will get more offsides penalties and it can destroy a very low discipline defensive line (30s) singlehandedly.

Last is speed and acceleration. It's not particularly important to me. Scramble is much more useful in my opinion as it picks better lines and get you out of trouble and follow your blocking. That said if your high speed QB picks right it could go for a 70+ TD.

By LuckyNumber__
5/01/2024 3:36 am
Also have accuracy as highest priority. Second priority Intelligence, arm strength and Field of Vision. Look off def. is my third priority with some others.
Last edited at 5/01/2024 3:36 am

By g10rsh
5/01/2024 4:12 am
I agree with most of the above. In addition I tend to shy away from guys with high field of vision, seems to just lead to more INTs